Friday, April 13, 2012

Flying Pirate Half Marathon - April 22, 2012


I ran my first half marathon ever on March 18, 2012 at Shamrock in Virginia Beach. I did better than I expected and I had a great time. What more could you ask? Ever since then I have been chomping at the bit to do another. So, on April 22, I am signed up for the Flying Pirate Half in Kill Devil Hills on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. This sounded like a fun race, so I signed up.

As you can probably tell, the race is based on a pirate them and celebrates the Outer Banks association with pirates in the early 18th Century, including the infamous Blackbeard (aka Edward Teach). Indeed, runners are encouraged to sport pirate attire during the race. Not sure that I have much in the way of pirate attire available, but I will try to find something to stay in the spirit. I hope to see some of my Dailymile friends at the race and look forward to another fun half marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment